Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Amazing Grace

I was going to originally title this blog My Prayer, but I FINALLY saw Amazing Grace yesterday and absolutely loved it. I like historical based on true stories stuff that may or may not make you cry. I think I am going to have to buy the movie and add it to my collection. So today's blog is entitled Amazing Grace. It has been sung by several musicians and is on countless cds. Selah has an awesome version on their Be Still My Soul cd. Todd and Nicole knock it out of the ballpark as does Allan on the piano. Then Chris Tomlin did a version that does not sound like the original version melody wise. It's on the dvd of Amazing Grace.

I do have to say that the guy that played William Pitt was cute :) His name is Benedict Cumberbatch - an English actor. All the actors in the movie were English except for the one guy from Africa.

No calls for interviews as of yet. I did get a little frustrated. Please pray about this. I am slightly panicked about August expenses and September expenses if I am still adjuncting or have nothing additional. The semester starts back up on August 24th, but I would not get paid for the first time until the end of September.

There are a couple of biographies I want to read after seeing Amazing Grace. Hero for Humanity - it's about William Wilberforce. Then there is From Disgrace to Amazing Grace - it's about John Newton.

Oh and my new favorite verse from the song is the 4th verse. I have to remember this right now.

Okay lyrics are below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

The Lord has promised good to me.
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
As long as life endures.

Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we've first begun.

No comments: