Thursday, July 16, 2009

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

I survived another day of VBS. Been fun to get out of the house. First graders sure are hyper in oh say groups of 100 - yikes! I believe the count for the numbers for VBS was 1308 - that's a lot.

I think that Kelly, Brenda and Donna are getting themselves into shape for bikini season lol (they are my gerbils - guess who I named them after lol). They certainly do run on their wheel a lot - guess that's to be expected considering who I named them after - trying to maintain that girlish figure lol

Ella on the other hand is a wild woman (seriously would like to know if that is how the human Ella was lol). She decided to tear up the card table - I think she thought she saw something that was not there (is my dear little kitty a paranoid schizophrenic? lol).

I read last night in my study that I am doing about the importance of maintaining fellowship with God. It is easy to do so when things are going tough, but when they turn around we say okay don't need ya. It's important to maintain fellowship (which I take as spending time with Him each day) so that we can experience all that He would have for us. I thought to myself - well what if after I get a full time job I say okay not going to give You a second thought. That kind of scared me - I don't want that to happen. Well you know what, God reminded me of how much He loves me and how I don't need to worry about that. I like that I am growing closer to Him and I want that. It's making me love Him more.

The lyrics for today (or tonight) are appropriate then. Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. Crystal Lewis does a great version on her Hymns: My Life cd (Linda and Lindsay did you know she grew up in a Nazarene church - my mom knows of her dad).

_____________________________________________________________________________________

1. What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
leaning on the everlasting arms;
what a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain:
Leaning, leaning,
safe and secure from all alarms;
leaning, leaning,
leaning on the everlasting arms.

2. O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
leaning on the everlasting arms.
(Refrain)

3. What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
leaning on the everlasting arms.
(Refrain)

No comments: