Monday, July 6, 2009

Music Part 2

First I need a re-do of Monday only leave out all the lovely "adventures".

Okay on to what I left off with on Friday.

So I am a performer - I love band, I love playing, I love that it worked out for me to be a percussionist, I love that I have this desire to learn additional instruments (and have). I also love listening to music, dancing to it (blame it on COS lol), and singing (I am a fan of singing in the car on facebook lol. I like pretty much any kind except for rap. I have over 300 cds (and there are still others I would love to have). Music says things to me in the different songs - both Christian and non-Christian. It also paints a nice picture sometimes or helps you to relax.

Here ya go:

Mo Money Mo Problems by Puff Daddy, Notorious B.I.G. and Mace - always makes me think of my brother-in-law Jason and when they lived in Los Osos, CA in their rental house. Plus it's a great song to get down with my bad self lol

Enter Sandman by Metallica - makes me think of my sister and I sitting in her car head banging. I always get a good laugh out of that.

Bye Bye Bye by NSYNC, Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera, You Drive me Crazy by Britney Spears, and True To Your Heart by 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder - puts me in a dance mode

Some marching band stuff makes me want to direct, air play instruments, or do a colorguard routine to it. Mind you i was never in colorguard, but i do have an inner guard gal in me (must be from all the dancing I did at COS lol). And being the musician that I am when I air play an instrument I have to do it correctly lol.

Life Is A Highway by Rascal Flatts - makes me want to get in the car and see where the road takes me as well as blaring the song in the car and rolling down my window and sticking my head out and singing at the top of my lungs (all this must be done on some back road in the middle of nowhere Texas).

Oh and what prey tell does it say about me when i purposely own not onw but two Hanson cds. One of my students asked - they made a second one? Yep sure did i have it lol. Oh and I actually liked O-Town.

Some smooth jazz makes me think of the beach or Visalia, CA. And Gregorian Chant (yes you can tell I started off a music major - I know what it is and I actually like it) always helps to put me to sleep when I am sick.

Tomorrow when I am updating this from the college because my computer is having issues with the mouse, I willgo into depth on Christian music. So Megan have fun reading when you drop by :)

No comments: