Friday, July 10, 2009

Rescue Me

First of all yay! My cousin Brittany is moving to El Paso next month. Woo hoo more relatives in Texas (I am related to half of Texas lol). Also yay! I have two followers - welcome to my cousin Linda :)

So I have decided to do what they do on One Tree Hill. They title all their shows after song titles so I am going to attempt to do that for my blog. I will even tell you what song and group it comes from so you can check it out. Yay for music! (I promise I have only had one glass of Diet Pepsi this morning lol).

So today's song title comes from a song by Selah. You can check into their music at www.selahonline.com I absolutely love them - God has blessed and encouraged me so very much through their music as well as the music of other groups.

I had been on facebook yesterday and I was looking at the details for the Selah concert that had just been posted near me (they are one of the groups I listed as liking when I signed up for facebook). So I was able to hear the entire song. Wow! Talk about a poignant message. That is exactly how I feel at times and I know others do as well. The part of the song that I like the best is:

There is a bridge that is easy to cross
While all of our burdens are lifted
Peace is the land that is waiting for us
Lord, give me faith to believe it
Cause I’m in a storm but I’m willing to fight
I’ll overcome and I will not die with You by my side

I have to remember that I will not give up - I have to keep fighting the good fight. Keep on keepin' on as my Grandma Morelock used to say.

I am on a faith adventure as Allan Hall put it (piano player in Selah). That is an interesting way to put it - a faith adventure. I think with the word adventure in there I can approach it differently. Adventure doesn't sound so bad - testing of my faith does (who likes test), but faith adventure much nicer way to be able to get through things. I know it is not always going to be easy - but adventures never are. Heck I remember when I moved here to Texas driving the U Haul and thinking I'd never make it out of New Mexico. Then I needed to get gas and something to eat and Bank of America wasn't letting me get anymore money out. Outside of Amarillo I prayed and God was faithful to me )even though I didn't deserve it at all) and allowed me to be able to get $20 out so I could get gas and something to eat.

Here is another part of the song that I like:

I will sail over the oceans and
High over the mountains and
Soar up to the Heavens
Here is my hand is my heart and my soul and my mind

We need to remember to give God all parts of us on this faith adventure so that we can walk hand in hand and heart and heart and soul and soul and mind and mind with Him. Never easy. But we must try to find a way to do this.

Okay before I put all of the lyrics in here, I have to say that the I was originally a music major/band geek in me was trying to guess the time signature to the song. I guess 3/4 or 9/8. I do that a lot - try to guess what the time signature is for a song. I also like this vocal thing that Amy does in the song - she extends me and king on a couple of parts. I can't explain things very well vocally (better at the instrumental as that has been my focus).

Okay here ya go:


Deep is the river that I have to cross
Heavy the weight on my shoulder
I have discovered how great is the cost
Of trying alone to cross over
I try and I try but the current’s too strong
It’s pulling me under and my strength is gone
Don’t leave me stranded

Rescue me, my God and my King,
Water is rising and I cannot breathe,
Wrap your arms all around me and
Carry me over (rescue me) Carry me over

There is a bridge that is easy to cross
While all of our burdens are lifted
Peace is the land that is waiting for us
Lord, give me faith to believe it
Cause I’m in a storm but I’m willing to fight
I’ll overcome and I will not die with You by my side

Rescue me, my God and my King,
Water’s are rising and I cannot breathe,
Wrap your arms all around me and
Carry me over (rescue me) Carry me over

I will sail over the oceans and
High over the mountains and
Soar up to the Heavens
Here is my hand is my heart and my soul and my mind

Rescue me, my God and my King,
The water’s are rising and I cannot breathe,
Wrap your arms all around me and
Carry me over
Rescue me, my God and my King,
You are the only one who can save me
Wrap your arms all around me and
Carry me over (rescue me)
Carry me over (rescue me)
Carry me over (rescue me)

No comments: