Friday, August 28, 2009

Leaning on the Everlasting Arms

Okay today's song is Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. Found in a favorite hymn book at your local church. Selah has done it as part of a medley on their brand new cd You Deliver Me. If I remember correctly, Crystal Lewis did it on her Hymns My Life album as well. Also another great version. You will get a treat today - a video and the lyrics to sing along with :) It's another one of thise great Gaither videos (yep product of environment right here lol)

Why is that when I first get up I am ready for a nap? Then after my shower I am all awake even though I have had no caffeine in me yet. Go figure lol Of course Monday I had a little bit and attributed my perkiness to my natural Roo-like self. For those who don't know my Tau Beta Sigma nickname given to me by the best big sister ever is Roo - and it fit to a tee. I had this natural energy about me much like little Roo from Winnie the Pooh. Believe it or not I have calmed down - thanks 40's. Anyway I was thinking on Monday wow this perkiness is all natural I don't need anymore caffeine. Wrong! I was tired by the time I got to Waxahachie - 45 minutes later lol

Okay so on with the blog. Today is Friday yay! I have my Friday class today and then I have 7 stores left to go. Started with 16. If I hustle and get them all done today I can stay home all day tomorrow in my jammies if I so desire. But alas I may not do that. I may get 4 done today and save the other 3 for tomorrow since I don't feel like getting stuck in any Friday traffic.

In other news there will be a whole lot of mutilating of a clarinet going on this fall. I have decided to go ahead and take some formal lessons so that I can sound less like the percussionist that I am. I may also do piano lessons. My mom dis-enrolled me in the 4th grade after 3 months of lessons because she was tired of fighting with me to get me to practice. The piano she had issues with but the drums nope - I loved practicing all over the house lol So I want to learn correct hand placement get better with bass clef so I can stop saying in my head great big dogs fight animals all cows eat grass lol Hopefully from same person. I put out something on the Kappa Kappa Psi/Tau Beta Sigma listserve. Hopefully the lessons can be from the the same person and can be from someone from Delta Sigma or Gamma Nu. Surely some music major can share their knowledge of piano proficiency with me so I too can play the Star Spangled Banner over and over lol (they did that at Fresno State - quite hilarious lol).

Okay that is all for now. I am thankful today that God has brought me through the week. He continues to draw me close to Him and I am thankful that He is teaching me to depend on Him totally and fully. I am not worried about September. He has me right where He wants me. I like that because I can't make it through this life without Him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!

Leaning, leaning,
Safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.

O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!
I have peace complete with my Lord so near,
Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!

No comments: