Thursday, August 27, 2009

Because He Lives

Today's song is Because He Lives. The Gaithers did it waaayy back in 1972. I am including a video of the Gaither Vocal Band for all you out there whose parents listened to the Gaithers while you were growing up and you never thought you'd find yourself a product of your environment all these years later and remember this stuff and actually like it lol (my sister texted my parents one day to tell them she was listening to the Gaithers lol) For a while I couldn't listen to the song as it was played at the funerals for both my grandparents who both passed away in 1986 - 5 months apart.

And today is what day? Talk about hit the ground running this week. Next week will be better yay! Oh and everyone have a good laugh on me. Yesterday I accidentally let my 11:00 class out 30 minutes early. Oooops. The class times blurred in my head - who ends at 50 minutes after the hour and who ends at 20 minutes after the hour? No one noticed or if they did they didn't say anything lol I am going to justify it by saying that I was conducting a psychology experiment lol Apparently I am not the only instructor to be getting times blurred in my head and classes getting out early. Thank you Jesus this is college and not oh elementary school - that would not be good lol

So you know that faith adventure I have been on? Well the "ride" is about to get a little bumpy. I am doing what God has put in front of me - 3 part time jobs (no health insurance so if a leg breaks I either have to go to Mexico to get it fixed or Selah or Switchfoot has to do a charity concert to raise money for my medical bills). Anyway I am doing what God has put in front of me, but I do not get paid from the two colleges until the end of September. I get a weekly check from the ad change in grocery stores job, but the hours vary (except this week I have 16 stores - about to kill me off - I got 3 stores down and have 13 left to go), but I get paid $8 an hour for that plus mileage. It is not enough to cover the rent which I have to have in by the 15th of September, the cable/internet - yeah cut it out, however as a psychology instructor at two colleges teaching six classes I need access to oh check my e-mail from students, post things on blackboard, and be able to clear out my stores and read messages from the boss. And then there is the whole food and gas situation. So yeah the ride is getting bumpy - trying to avoid it, but alas it is fast approaching.

I am, however, not going to fall into the worry pit. I am going to choose to trust God for His provisions. He brought me through August in ways I could never even dream of. He specializes in the impossible. And I am going to remember what He has said in Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. And I am going to remember what He has said in Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing but in everything through prayer and supplication let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God which surpasseth understanding shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

So I am praying and trusting God. I am doing what I am supposed to do and He knew long before I did that I would be at this point and I know He will not leave me nor forsake me and He will be there for me (believe me there have been times that this has been hard for me). If you could pray too I would appreciate it very much.

1 comment:

Megs85114 said...

Your faith adventure continues to be an inspiration to me that God does what He says He will do!

I saw this verse today & thought of you: Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)