Tuesday, November 11, 2014

God's Great Dance Floor


Quick update. I am trying to make sure I blog more. I mean I went an entire year (maybe slightly more) falling down on the blogging. I actually enjoy doing this and I actually like keeping my posts uplifting and tied into what God is teaching me on this journey of faith. The great faith adventure. 

I weighed myself. I am down to 247.8. That is 48 pounds lost since I first weighed myself on January 10th. I wanted to lose 67 pounds this year. Only 20 pounds away from my goal I had set for this year. Do not think I am going to make it. But I will settle for whatever else I can get off. And yes I know the holidays are upon us, so I increase my walk to 5 miles on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I can do it. I gotta keep this up. Actually I will be doing the Arlington Turkey Trot again. It is my new Thanksgiving tradition. I did the inaugural one when I froze (I blame my church - they said wear the Christmas shirts to advertise the Christmas Eve service so I did). I missed the one in 2011 because I had decided to up and move to Nashville. But I have been at every one since then. This year I will be prepared. I will have my phone charged so I can turn on Run with Nike (sorry no pictures - it is the same exact route - I have pictures of it from the other years I have done it). Okay I will do a picture at the beginning and when I cross the finish line if I can get Benji to go see me. I need someone to take a picture of me crossing the finish line. I will also have my mp3 player all charged and ready to go so I can possibly do some running this year to my 3 running songs (yes I have running songs - what a long ways I have come since last year). In case you were wondering, my running songs are Rock You Like A Hurricane by the Scorpions, I'm Free by Kenny Loggins, and Happy by Pharrell Williams (Happy is more of my rancing song - where I do a combination of running and dancing - oh you know you want to go running with me in public lol). 

I am still praying for the person that God has put on my heart. It is not easy at times. But I am committed to praying for him. I make sure to pray for him in the morning after I have read in my Bible and read from The Patchwork Devotional. Wow! I have also come a long ways in reading my Bible. I was always bad about doing that. I mean I started the One Year Bible (tiny print edition apparently) and usually got behind before January was over with. Bad I know. Well last year I was determined to get it read in it's entirety even if I got behind (which I did when I misplaced it for a couple of weeks - I thought I was never going to get caught up). I am trying to remember if it was last year that in edition to my Bible reading that I would read through one of my devotional books. If not, then I decided to add that in this year. So every morning I get up and I read in my Bible and read from my devotional book. It is one my friend Julie gave me. I have multiple Bibles so I am doing a different Bible every year. I finished The Living Bible New Testament Large Print edition (my parents got it for me when I was 10 years old - ummm what were they hinting at to their 10 year old kid. Blind? Get me a guide dog and a white cane?). So since 2014 is not yet over, I went ahead and started in another one of my bibles. It is the Gideon's bible that I bought in McMinnville, Oregon back in 1996 at one of the thrift stores for 99 cents! I believe it is either New King James or NIV. I need to google one of the verses or compare it to one of my other NIV bibles. Someone had suggested that I pick a part of the bible and study it. I appreciate the suggestion, but I think right now I am going to stick to what I am doing. It is making a difference in my walk with God. Just the simple act of sitting down and opening up His word to see what He has to say. It really is true that you don't read things the same way twice. I trust God more. I do not doubt as much. I do not worry as much. I surrender easier.

Back to what I was saying, I am still praying for that person and am committed to praying for him twice a day. It is hard at night when I lay down to go to sleep and am tired. Sometimes I do not have the words to say. Like last night. But I did pray later when I got up to go to the bathroom and laid back down. Prayer is helping me not to  be worried or to be thinking about him all the time. I cannot do that. I have to go about what I have set before me. It is also helping me to trust God more. I am doing my part of praying and God is doing His part by doing the unseen work that I cannot see. I pray for God to answer my prayers for this person in the affirmative. It will be so awesome if He does. I will forever be grateful and this person's life will never be the same again (in a good way). 

Today's song is God's Great Dance Floor. It is on Chris Tomlin's Burning Lights cd. I highly recommend that cd. Heck I highly recommend anything by Chris Tomlin. 


I'm coming back to the start
where You found me
I'm coming back to Your heart
I surrender
take me
this is all I can bring
I'm coming back to the start
our God is freedom
and here we feel Your heart
Your heart beat for us
take me
this is all I can bring
Chorus:
You'll never stop loving us
no matter how far we run
You'll never give up on us
all of heaven is shouting
let the future begin
let the future begin
take me
this is all I can bring
You'll never stop loving us
no matter how far we run
You'll never give up on us
all of heaven is shouting
let the future begin
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on Gods great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor
I feel alive
I come alive
I am alive on God's great dance floor



No comments: