Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thankfulness Day 1

Today is November 1st. I cannot believe it is already November. I was thinking for a bit that I might try something different this year. I managed to make it through the 25 Days of Christmas with a different Christmas song each day back in 2014. I decided this year that I would do 30 days of thankfulness for the month of November. I also saw when my last post was. Yikes. I need to be more regular over here. Soooo. Here I go with Day 1

I am thankful that God has brought me this far in the year. I am not going to lie. 2017 has been a tough year. In the words of Flo on Alice - it can kiss my grits (I am soooo going to teach my students that lol). It started off great with my job with the college - there was some adjustment teaching four dual credit psychology classes at four different high schools and having 79 students and all of the other work I was having to do outside of teaching (I am sorry, but just because I was teaching 12 hours a week did not mean that I was working 12 hours a week - teaching encompasses so much more). Then my mom got sick. And she got sicker. And I found out chemotherapy would kill her so I had to make an emergency trip to Arizona to see my mom at the end of March for what turned out to be her last few days on this Earth, Then I had to do another one a week later for her memorial service. Then a month later to help my dad move and get some stuff of my mom's that I was wanting (this time I drove to Arizona and back in one weekend - I saw Mexico on Cinco de Mayo and I drove from Gilbert, AZ back to Arlington, TX in one day. Literally. I even took a picture of the speedometer. Then May hit and I found out I was only going to have one summer term 1 class to teach. So basically stuff has been not fun. But here it is. I wrapped up another month. I have started a new month and God has brought me this far. I have some challenges still. I am going to keep praying and asking Him to help me through. I am thankful He has brought me this far in the year and I want to see how He moves in my life.

Okay that is it. Stay tuned for Day 2. You never know what I will be thankful for.

No comments: