Saturday, November 4, 2017

Thankfulness Day 4

Before I say what I am thankful for, I want to say that today was a bit hard for my family. Today would have been my parents 51st anniversary. My dad, sister, and not sure who else was with them - went to see my mom's grave in Porterville. My sister was kind to take pictures. It is so very bittersweet as last year on November 4th we were getting ready to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary (which it was a miracle that I made it since I got a stomach virus before I left to go to Arizona). I miss my mama and I am praying for a miracle of me being able to go see my family in California at Christmas since it will be the first one without my mom (her birthday is two days before).

Okay. Today I am thankful that I have never been homeless. Even during the toughest of times God has helped me to keep a roof over my head. Oh how grateful I am for that because my kitties have been able to be with me (except when I stayed with some friends for a couple of months after moving back here, but my kitties were with Jim and Benji so all was good). Not even my kitties have been homeless. Etta was dumped off at Crystal Canyon Nature area, but was rescued by a neighbor and then kicked out and taken in by me. Sugar was found in the country - probably wandered off. Ella ws returned after a month, but promptly found a home with me. Callie was found by my old boss and hopefully she is with someone and will get sense enough to come back home. But my cats have all had roofs over their heads as well as me. I thank God for that. He cares about my babies.

No comments: