Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Other Side

I didn't know which song I was going to use for this post at first, but when I heard it on my mp3 player I knew this is what I would use because I feel that is what happened when God helped me to realize two things today. The song is The Other Side and is done by Avalon (I am going to go see them and Selah for my birthday present to myself in October - woo hoo!!) Lyrics will be below.

First off Adam Cantley is lost in the beyond section of Bed Bath and Beyond lol Is the Star Wars theme playing or the theme from the Black Hole playing? lol

Okay so I have had an ephiphany of sorts. Sometimes when we are going through uncertain times oh like when you are not exactly employed full time about what direction to pursue or job to pursue. Well guess what God does not specfically sa you need to do blah blah (unless He has called you to the ministry). God allows you to pursue any career that is a good fit for you and that you will enjoy. Guess what - I have found good fit. I absoultely love working with college students. Now it is just a matter of time before God opens a door for it to be full time.

Oh and the mate thing - He tells us we need to be equally yoked, but He does not fill in all the specfics. I know that I want a husband that will be a good match with me and that will share my interests - great sense of humor, great converationalist, great personality, loves music and is a musician himself (he will understand when I say hey that would be a good colorguard routine or he won't laugh when I direct to a song lol).

So some of the prayers I have been praying - going to keep praying.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I’ve been so long in midnight
Praying for the light of dawn
And hope’s been my companion
In the dark to keep me strong
But there’s something awesome
Shining out through the ebony
And now my soul can finally see

There is glory in the night
So beautiful and bright
A glimpse of You
Coming from the other side
You are reaching through the stars
And You’re speaking to my heart
I know it’s You
Calling from the other side

How could I not have realized
You’ve been here all along
So constant and so faithful
Through the darkness and beyond
It’s unthinkable, undreamable
There’s peace when I look up
‘Cause I see the evidence of love

The other side…tonight

I am dancing through the night
Knowing things will be all right
Because of You
I’ll make it to the other side
You are reaching through the stars
And You’re speaking to my heart
I know it’s You
Calling from the other side

No comments: