Sunday, September 6, 2009

Faith Like A Child

Tonight's blog comes that awesome Jars of Clay song Faith Like A Child. It is off of their first album and is one of my absolute favorites. I still to this day have flashbacks of 1995. That was the summer that their debut album came out and everyone and their grandmother that went to California Baptist College (now University - can I have a new degree? lol) came back from workin' at camps or being gone on missions trips with that album. You heard Jars of Clay all over the campus. That's okay though - it was an awesome debut :)

So there were a few times today I felt a little frustrated with stuff. Have you ever been at a place where you know God is on the brink of getting the pieces into place for the next part of the plan He has prepared for your life? It's like I can't wait and I want 2010 to get here already, yet I have to do what is in front of me. And then I get a tad frustrated because it seems like things have taken longer in my life to happen. I mean it's been 6 years since I lost my job. I know God has been doing stuff in my life, but the waiting is hard sometimes - it's all that testing of my faith. Which I am at a better place faith wise than I was last year or the year before or even in 2003 when all this started. I know that God has a plan for my life and I know that He will get me to the next part. But it is just hard sometimes. I am truly thankful that at times it is just me and the Lord - that is all I need right now as He continues to mold me and shape me and prepare me for all He would have me to do. I need to just have faith like a child.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Like A Child"

Dear God, surround me as I speak,
the bridges that I walk across are weak
Frustrations fill the void that I can't solely bear
Dear God, don't let me fall apart,
you've held me close to you
I have turned away and searched for answers I can't understand

[Chorus:]

They say that I can move the mountains
And send them crashing into the sea
They say that I can walk on water
If I would follow and believe
with faith like a child

Sometimes, when I feel miles away
and my eyes can't see your face
I wonder if I've grown to lose the recklessness
I walked in light of you

[Chorus]

[Little girl:]
"I've got joy like a fountain!"
"Be kind one to others"
"In Jesus Christ Your son"

They say that love can heal the broken
They say that hope can make you see
They say that faith can find a Savior
If you would follow and believe
with faith like a child


No comments: