Wednesday, October 14, 2009

But This I Know......

Today I am wearing a black ribbon with my Western District pin on it as well as a pink ribbon. Why you ask? Because I found out last night that one of the brothers from my home chapters (Iota Alpha chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi and Eta Omega is the chapter of Tau Beta Sigma where I did my undergrad at Fresno State - I was in Tau Beta Sigma) lost his wife to breast cancer on Monday night. Audrey was only 28 years old. Audrey was also a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi. She had been a part of the Iota Pi chapter at Cal Poly, SLO where my cousin Shere went to college and was also a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi. I had not seen Audrey in years - obviously since I moved to Texas in 2001. But I do remember meeting her when I lived in California as I hung out with my chapters even as an alumni. We were a family - still are even though people have started to spread out. And being from the Western District where we are the smallest of all the districts - let me see we have 14 chapters of Kappa Kappa Psi plus two colonies the last time I checked and we have 8 chapters of Tau Beta Sigma and no colonies. So yeah we are tight out there and in addition Iota Alpha and Eta Omega were the big brother and sister chapter to Iota Pi so we are connected.

So keep the family of Jason and Audrey White in your prayers. Even though I had not seen Audrey for years she was one of my brothers and she was a sweet person and she and Schpuck (part of Jason's nickname) were so very happy and incredibly adorable together.

The video today is from the 2008 Western District Convention. I thought it was appropriate since Audrey was alumni of one of the chapters in the Western District.

No comments: