Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

So today has been a VERY good day. It is the day of my 8X5+1 birthday (do the math lol) and this has been a good birthday. I have to admit that sometimes it has been a little difficult. Especially when you don't really have a special someone in your life except for the cats. But you know what I have to remember that God is who it is that I need to rely on and depend upon and just be thankful for the gift of another day.

I don't know what this new year of life will hold for me (bibs apparently since I coughed a couple of times today and food came out of my mouth lol) but you know what I am going to trust God for each moment and continue to rely on Him. I need Him all the days of my life in the good and the bad times. I desire for my faith to grow deeper and for me to grow closer to Him as I walk through this great adventure of faith.

I am thankful for all the birthday wishes people have sent my way via facebook and twitter and in both classes today at Hill College. My students are wonderful - both classes had cakes for me :) And I share my birthday with one of my afternoon students. He is 10 years younger than me. So it has been good (yep even though I had to mow the lawn on the other side of the fence today lol).

I did do the annual by myself a birthday present. I got 2 cds - Avalon's Greatest Hits and a Switchfoot cd that I forgot the name but it was on sale for $5. Yay!!

Okay I am tired and going to hit the hay and wonder if I have work tomorrow since there is something going on and I can't say.

3 comments:

Megs85114 said...

Hope this year (8x5)+1 is one of the best yet! You're right though.. with God on your side, how can you go wrong? :)

Brooklyn said...

I am glad you had a good birthday!... and that I had something to do with it.. LOL.... oh and now on twitter I can't see your tweets at all.. :( on there I am momof3cutekids and my email is momof_3cutekids@yahoo.com... PLEASE UNBLOCK ME...

Brooklyn said...

oh my bad...it's momof_3cutekids ... but yeah please unblock me.