Monday, November 9, 2009

A Mighty Fortress Is Our God

Well yesterday was my first Sunday at Fielder Road Baptist Church as an official member. Woo hoo!! I went to check out the college Sunday school class because I want to get involved with working with them. I met the Young Adult pastor who is in seminary at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I was able to meet some leaders - they too are teachers except they teach middle school. I also met one of the students. I told her I taught psychology and she said so you keep us in line. Yep lol The sermon was awesome!! I needed it especially today when I found out something not good about one of my students. I admit sometimes I forget the promises where it says in the Bible to fear not because God is with me or to be strong and courageous and to not be dismayed because the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. I look forward to getting connected at Fielder Road Baptist Church however long God may have me there (praying about moving to Nashville in 2010 for a full time job at a college as a counselor).

And you know I am not going to be afraid. When stuff creeps in I am going to call upon the name of the Lord God Almighty. He wants me to depend on Him for every single aspect of my life (I still remember what my friend Joanne shared with me after I got fired back in October 2003). I like depending on God for every single aspect of my life and I am soooo thankful He is teaching me that. I just want to be the woman of God He is creating me to be and I so want Jesus to shine through me. I want to make a difference with the students I come in contact with. So rather than be afraid I will add this student to my prayer list. I pray that the light of Jesus will come shining forth in her dark world and that she will come to know the very God of the universe who knows every hair on her head.

I also started working through my very first Max Lucado book. It is called He Chose the Nails. I love it because it gets me opening my Bible. That is something that I admit I have problems with at times. I am someone who does well with structure. Although I think I will put a Bible back in the bathroom. Great reading material :)

And finally I had my first formal clarinet lesson today. We worked on breathing and fingering and my embouchure. Ouch. I think I managed to find a way to injure my mouth lol. Yep if there is a way I can do it lol Jo Ann my teacher rocks and I am ever so grateful for that and look forward to all the stuff I will learn. Plus it is just fun being in a music building. I know I am such a band geek lol I still love a good music building after all these years.

Here ya go, be encouraged:

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

Today's video is by some guy playing guitar in his bedroom lol But it's pretty good. I think Sparrow or Curb needs to sign him up :) Or maybe Avalon or Selah can add a guitar player :)

No comments: