Thursday, November 12, 2009

Prayers and Encouragement Needed

Today is one of those days that I wish Jesus would call me home. I am thankful that earth is not our permanent home.

I am not going to lie sometimes things go on inside of me that I hate when it seems like my faith is being tested. I want to keep growing in my walk with God, but it is hard sometimes. I know that I will make it through this - God is always faithful to bring me through and I trust Him completely. He has helped me to trust Him more, but still it is hard sometimes. Today is one of those days I really need Him to come in beside me and bring encouragement to my heart and to show me how much He loves me. I pray that for other people, but today is a day I want God to put my name on the hearts of others and for them to be lifting me up in prayer.

I hate having three part time jobs and I pray with all of my heart that 2010 will be the year that I finally get a full time job. God has given me a heart and a passion for working with college students and I want it to be my turn to finally tell everyone that has been praying for me since I got fired back in October 2003 that their prayers have been answered. Not just that I really want to be in student services working with students one on one on the different things they go through as they are trying to make it through college. I just feel like when I am pulled in three different directions because I have to because I can't afford to pay everything if I don't have three part time jobs that I can't truly do this very well. And I want to be able to be in a position where I can start paying off my unsecured debt. I know the student loan debt will be there for a while, but the unsecured debt I can easily get paid off in a year and a half.

And sometimes I could use a hug and today is one of those days. I do have wonderful friends that God has put in my life here, but I don't see them very much. I wish I could see them more, but due to schedules it gets hard. I would love to just get a big hug.

Today I will keep Joshua 1:9 in mind to help me get through the day.

No comments: