Sunday, January 24, 2010

Everlasting God

Don't you love it when God shows up? I do!! I mean He always shows up, but I think sometimes our hearts our not open to Him and it makes it hard for use to hear what he would have to say or to be encouraged. Today at church was awesome! The orchestra in the 9:30 service was smokin' and we played a couple of my favorites - Jesus Saves (has an Irish feel to it) and Since Jesus Came Into My Heart. And to boot my clarinet playing is improving - maybe I am feeling more comfortable. Still need to get back into my lessons with my awesome clarinet teacher Jo Ann :) I need some technical things done - embouchure, breathing, getting myself weaned from the fingering chart. All that will come in time and may not be fully accomplished til I move to Nashville later this year :) Anyway back to what I was saying - God showed up. Seriously it was awesome to glance up and see the congregation worshiping. And it seemed like the whole place was a glow. Also add in that in the 11:00 service one of my favorite songs was sung - Everlasting God :) I love that song!! Which will be today's video :)

In my continuation of doing some things that will help me to grow spiritually this year, I signed up to be a part of a small group. It is for singles with no kids :) Ironically the leaders are married to each other and have a baby boy. I met one of the leaders and she said it will be for singles with no kids :) Supposed to be in their 30's, but I am welcome (I am not that far out of my 30's anyway woo hoo). It will meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday so hopefully there will be some new people in Arlington I can meet. This will be good for me. Wow I just realized 2010 has been a year of some good changes for me - stepped away from Awana at First Baptist Dallas, joined orchestra at Fielder Road Baptist Church, continued on in Sunday school, continued tithing, and now a small group. Yay for stepping out and finally doing some long overdue things. Also even though I have skipped a few days, I have been reading in my One Year Bible. I have read 12 days out of the month. Never skip over January 14th by accident lol I did and realized as I was reading January 25th and confused that I had not read the events leading up to what was going on in the part of Genesis I was reading lol.

Oh and I got my last reference letter and was able to get it submitted so I have officially applied for the college position in Tennessee. Keep me in prayer on that. First thing is pray that I get called for an interview. I am still applying for other things, but still am pursuing the college positions.

Finally, I had fun hanging out with Kelly and her family on Friday. I gave Austin her son some tips on women, gave Kadie and Courtney the apply for college now or you will be at home in the fall pep talk, and got to go to Wills Point and have some yummy Italian food (and I have suggested that Guy from Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives go visit. Woo hoo!).

Okay now for the video. I have this Lincoln Brewster cd.

No comments: