Sunday, February 28, 2010

Life Is A Highway

Yesterday was fun even if I am feeling my pulled muscle flair up a tad bit and my hip hurt just a slight bit.

Inspired by Jim Parks the worship pastor at my church (have I mentioned that I really like my church?) shared with us on Wednesday during orchestra practice that he had started up exercising again. It was a goal of his for this year and 7 weeks in and he had finally started up. So inspired by that and knowing it is not too late, I started back in yesterday. I went walking at River Legacy Park in Arlington. And the best part is I didn't have to go alone. I got to go exercise with my friend Caleb. Yay! Company is always fun. Except he ran most of the time. I don't run - don't want to keel over from an asthma attack. Since today is going to be another gorgeous day I am going to go hit the walking circuit again today after church. It will be fun to get back into the swing of things.

Then last night my friend Allison got to meet Caleb. She didn't want to go alone so I went and pointed him out and then read and walked around and kept myself entertained while they were visiting at Borders. Then the three of us decided it was time for dinner. We went to Freebirds and had fun. I am making an effort to eat healthier this year and I chose the whole wheat tortilla for my burrito bowl. Of course I also had a Shiner. I was feeling at the time like I may need one and was making my friend Kelly laugh in the text messages I was sending her. But I am happy that we had fun and that I am making some good eating choices.

And inside of me my heart still says to God please let my two dreams come true for my life. Let it happen for me. Let it come together and help me to trust You because I know that You only have the best in store for me. But please God let the pieces fall into place for me.

I think I am off my Meredith Andrews kick so I am putting something fun up before I commence getting ready for church at Monache Band pace and playing alarm clock this morning so someone is not missing church this morning. Life Is A Highway the Rascal Flatts version. I love me some Rascal Flatts :)

No comments: