Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Never Alone

So today I am off the Meredith Andrews kick (although she is going to be in Flower Mound on Wednesday and I really want to go, but alas I shall be serving the Lord in orchestra practice - that is okay because I will make sure I go one day to see her in concert). Today I got Never Alone in my head by Barlow Girl. I like Barlow Girl - they are all sisters and one is a drummer. Let's hear it for girl drummers! Yay!! The video is Never Alone.

When I was still a part of First Baptist Dallas, Dr. Jeffress once shared something he does in his prayer time and I decided that I would incorporate that into mine. I do this once a month usually towards the end of the month. I take a sheet of paper I put a line down the middle and on one side write My Requests and on the the other side I write God's Answers. I am still in the midst of the bumpy part of the Great Faith Adventure. Not always a fun place to be. But I love to see how God shows up and I do need Him to show up in a mighty way. I did my prayer request list on Sunday and one thing I put on there is my current job situation. I am praying that i will find a full time position at a college, but I am also praying for a 3rd job that will help me gt through the rest of the semester or finding a 2nd job and then I can make some changes with the ad change job (last semester 3 jobs got a little much for me). Yesterday I went down to Waxahachie to return the books and the keys and 1 of the cd's and I came back with a job. It is not full time, but I need something so I accepted it and said thank you Jesus. They need another psych instructor for the 2nd 8 week clases which start up March 8th. I will be teaching a Friday only class so I start March 12th. It is at the Midlothian campus which is awesome because it is much closer than Waxahachie. Thankful for a partial victory, and still praying that God will help me to make it through the semester and glad that He is helping me not to abandon ship mid-way through. My friend Melissa and I had gotten into a discussion about honoring commitments even when it is hard to do. And I do want to honor the commitments that I have made and do the right thing.

I also am kind of at a weird place on my walk with God. I don't know quite how to describe it. I do describe my relationship with God as open because there is nothing He doesn't know and that helps me as I pour out my heart to Him. I am honest (He already knows why hide it?). But you know how sometimes it just gets a little challenging - that is what it is for me. Which is why I really like this song by Barlow Girl. It reminds me that no matter what I am never alone. And I do hold tight and I know He works through all of this.



Here are the lyrics. You can sing along with the video.

"Never Alone"

I waited for you today
But you didn't show
No no no
I needed You today
So where did You go?
You told me to call
Said You'd be there
And though I haven't seen You
Are You still there?

[Chorus:]
I cried out with no reply
And I can't feel You by my side
So I'll hold tight to what I know
You're here and I"m never alone

And though I cannot see You
And I can't explain why
Such a deep, deep reassurance
You've placed in my life

We cannot separate
'Cause You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

[Chorus]

We cannot separate
You're part of me
And though You're invisible
I'll trust the unseen

[Chorus]

No comments: