Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ruin Me

Okay now that my contest is over I can blog again :)

First of all the winner of my one and only blog contest thus far is Caleb Allan Lazo. Yay Caleb!! I gave him the book on Sunday night and we got to hang out talking and drinking tea. Fun all around :) And yep he was born in the 80's, but he has one foot chilling in the 70's with that middle name of his lol

So the song that I have on my mind today is Ruin Me. It is by Jeff Johnson. We sang it in college Sunday school on Sunday morning. How I don't like where I am at sometimes on my walk with God. You know those times? When you feel yucky inside and you want God to clean out the garbage and make you pure and when you know where you want to be and how you would like things to be? I want to be passionately pursuing Jesus and I know that I am not there. I want to not get caught up in the mundaneness of this world. Think about where my true home is - in heaven. And while I am here on this earth just allow God to do as He will and not fight it> I want God to ruin my life and my plans and make it about Him. It is hard especially when I think about the dreams I have for my life. Anyone else feel like that? Can I get a witness?

Here are the lyrics for Ruin Me.

Intro
Woe to me I am unclean
A sinner found in Your presence
I see you seated on Your throne
Exalted, Your Glory surrounds You

Pre-chorus
Now the plans that I have made
Fail to compare when I see your glory

Chorus
Ruin my life the plans I have made
Ruin desires for my own selfish gain
Destroy the idols that have taken Your place
'Till its You alone I live for,
You alone I live for. (repeat)

Bridge
Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy is the Lord!

Holy Holy is the Lord Almighty
Holy is the Lord!

Repeat chorus

The video is not Jeff Johnson. It is one I found on youtube. Has some nice scenic pictures. You can sing along with the video since I put the lyrics up :)

2 comments:

Anke Betz said...

Hey Kathi - what an awesome song!! I so can relate!
Do you by any chance happen to have the chords for it, too? I would love to sing it in our church, as well...

Hope you are doing well!
Be blessed!
Anke :)

Kathi said...

I don't, but I bet I can find them. And I am doing great - plodding along on my great faith adventure. The ride gets a little bumpy sometimes.

How's things over in your neck of the woods? And when I do my next post you will like the song. Another Meredith Andrews song. I really like her stuff.