Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rain It Down

I need to trade in my head/nose. right half of my face for a new one. I don't know if it is allergies, sinuses or a cold, but I feel miserable and I am doing something I never do - skip work today at Hill College. Today I am going to do my laundry, grade papers, and rest. Oh and go buy some meds that might start nipping this thing in the bud so I am well for my interview next Wednesday March 17th (which I found out is the birthday of one of the guys in my small group. How awesome is that!! It will be a great day!!).

Have I mentioned how every time I am at my church and when I am at my small group that I am reminded each time that I made the right decision to transfer my membership there? Well tis true. I am thankful for God helping me to take that step of faith and go through with it and I am reminded that I am serving right where I am supposed to - in the orchestra. It has been amazing to see the progress I have made since January when I first started. I get a little bit better each week. Not bad for this percussionist on the clarinet. And I look forward to having more opportunities to do things. I can't wait to see what service and missions opportunities they have in the future. And my small group is awesome!! We have only met three times. but I know that I am going to learn true community - something I feel lacked at my other church I was at for 7 years. My small group may not be able to help in tangible ways, but it means a lot to know they rejoice with me over something good and keep me in prayer on other things.

I was going to blog about something else, but alas decided not to. Instead I am going to say woo flippin' hoo!! Pete Wilson the pastor at Cross Point Church in Nashville (my future church when I do move there - gonna get hired at UTA and have the other dream of living, working, and going to church in Arlington come true) will be in town next week to do a taping of Life Today. It is conveniently on my spring break and is f-r-e-e. Anyone want to go with me? I wish I could get an advanced copy of his new book that comes out next month which is entitled Plan B: What To Do When God Doesn't Show Up The Way You Expected Him To? Woo hoo!!

Today's video is Rain It Down by Carlos Whittaker. He used to be the worship pastor at Sandals Church in Riverside, CA where my friend Matt is the pastor. He has a new album coming out next month and I can't wait to celebrate me getting hired at UTA by purchasing it. This is one of the tracks off of it I do believe. If you have an itickets account you can download it free this week.

No comments: