Friday, December 13, 2013

Jingle Bell Rock

Day 2 on the permanent sub job found me finding out what all goes on in the front of the school because I got to answer phones. In between calls I was working on the 3rd book that will go with Adventure in Hawaii. I am happy to say that I am almost done with chapter 2. It is turning out better than what I thought it would.  I look forward to when you all will be able to read it. I am also happy that today is Friday and am looking forward to the weekend and getting closer to next week as it is the last week before Christmas break for 2 weeks. 
 
Today's song on the 24 Days of Christmas is Jungle Bell Rock. It was written  by Joseph Carleton Beal and James Ross Boothe. It was first released in 1958 by Bobby Helms. It has since been recorded by numerous musicians over the years.

I chose the Billy Idol version because I thought it was pretty good and kind of jazzy. I like jazzy.


Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock
Jingle bells chime in jingle bell time
Dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell Square
In the frosty air.

What a bright time, it's the right time
To rock the night away

Jingle bell time is a swell time
To go gliding in a one-horse sleigh
Giddy-up jingle horse, pick up your feet
Jingle around the clock

Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell rock




 

No comments: