Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Like a Child


Today has been a bit rough. Feeling a bit like chopped liver to my friend. Hello please be polite and respond to my texts. I am going to start praying each day that God will give me the strength not to text him. Well at least until Saturday when I head over to north Dallas to pet and house sit. Then I am going to want to find out when he wants to take the dogs for a walk. Still frustrating though. God will help me through, As I keep praying, God will change me, He already made me care about my friend, Which makes it hard sometimes. I shall see what happens at school. I know I will be volunteering to help him with stuff, so I guess I should enjoy the rest, Get myself mentally prepared for the things that are to come.

Also added to stuff is one friend told me no one wants to invite me for Christmas because it is awkward for people to have me sit there while they open presents. Umm  I have been over for Christmas before and enjoyed a nice dinner, I have another friend that has been invited for dinner. What a way to shoot me when I am down. Then another friend sent me links for dating sites. Gee thanks. I am holding off on internet stuff. I want to pray and see what God does.

Sometimes I feel like my faith, my walk with God will seem so silly to my friend, But then I say wait a minute. That is the world. That is not TRUTH. So I am not going to be ashamed and I am going to keep working to build spiritual muscle and to grow in my walk with God. Because this thing called being a Christian which is what happens after you trust Jesus as your Savior is not silly. Jesus is the answer. He really is. No life does not get easy. Read the Bible. Nothing easy But it is life changing. Not just for eternity, but for all the days that you walk this earth, Knowing that the afflictions that you face are light and momentary compared to eternity. Knowing that you have a new purpose for living when God gets a hold of you and transforms your life. It does keep me praying for my friend. No matter how hard it may be at times. I have to trust that God will answer in the affirmative because He loves my friend and He is beginning the work of calling him to a greater purpose. I do not know how long it will take, but I need to do my part. That is to be a good influence, to pray and to be a friend in the good times and in the bad times.

Oh how I wish my friend could talk to Carlos Whittaker, or my friends Nathan and Mike who are now in Chicago because they planted a church, Or to my friend Matt who is the pastor of Sandals Church in Riverside, CA. Or to any of the pastors at my church, Or to listen to Mark Hall's testimony.

There are going to be times when I am going to get to stand by my convictions. And I will. I will make sure to pray for God to help me stand by those convictions. I flubbed up this past week. He asked if he should do something and I encouraged him to do so even though I disagree with it because I know the Bible says it is wrong. So I am going to make sure I do things like listen to Mark Hall's testimony. Or listen to Oceans by Hillsong United. Or whatever the other song was that I listened to last night and felt like God was saying something to me. Because He was.

I think deep down in my spirit that God is beginning the work of doing something in my friend's life. I think He has a calling on his life that my friend has no idea yet because he does not know Jesus. I think I have been the one sent into his life to be praying for his salvation and to be used by God to point him towards the TRUTH. I could be wrong, but I do not think I am. No one else is praying for his salvation.

This is good, I have 2 more days after today and I have not yet had to pull out LeRoy the Redneck Reindeer. Got another Third Day song. I need to double check my cd. Pretty sure I have this.




No comments: