Monday, January 12, 2015

Words


So this song was on the radio when I woke up. I really like the lyrics. That is my heart's desire when it comes to my friend at work. To be able to speak words to him that will point him to Christ. Oh how I long for him to know Jesus. I have actually wept over his spiritual condition (last week was our first week back at school and it was a little rough for the both of us). I know that I have screwed things up and I am not perfect and will probably screw things up in the future, but I pray for God's mercy and grace in all of this so that there will be a day when my friend does come to know Jesus. I really care about him and I want to see his life changed by the only One who brings change and hope and healing. The One who changes hearts. I do not know how or when, but I have to believe with all my heart that God has started the pursuit of my friend and that there will be that day coming. In the meantime I pray for friendship, I pray to be the hope, light, joy and love of Christ to my friend, and I pray to exhibit all of the fruits of the Spirit to him.

No comments: